4/2/12

Silhouette cause & effect

Post inspired by guess who.

If I'd never gone to college, I wouldn't have developed a taste for beer.

If I'd never developed a taste for beer, I wouldn't have shamelessly needed beer money my senior year.

If I'd never shamelessly needed beer money my senior year, I wouldn't have gotten that part-time job at Boys & Girls Club in Homer City.

If I'd never gotten that part-time job at The Boys & Girls Club in Homer City, I wouldn't have ever met Chris.

If I'd never met Chris, I wouldn't have married him and lived happily ever after in the country.

If I'd never married him and lived happily ever after in the country, I wouldn't have worked in the office on the Fabin family farm.

If I'd never worked in the office on the Fabin family farm, I wouldn't have eaten so many peanut M&Ms.

If I'd never eaten so many peanut M&M's, I wouldn't have gained so much weight.

If I'd never gained so much weight, I wouldn't have wanted to lose it all (and then some).

If I'd never wanted to lose it all (and then some), I wouldn't have started dieting.

If I'd never started dieting, I wouldn't have felt so guilty about eating a pistachio-flavored cupcake with chocolate frosting before dinner last Thursday.

If I'd never felt so guilty about eating a pistachio-flavored cupcake with chocolate frosting before dinner last Thursday, I wouldn't have gone for a long, calorie-burnin' jog with Callie that night.

If I'd never gone for a long, calorie-burnin' jog with Callie that night, I wouldn't have detoured to the top of that hill to watch the sun set.

If I'd never detoured to the top of that hill to watch the sun set, I wouldn't have taken these silhouette shots of her with my smart phone.
If I'd never taken these silhouette shots of her with my smart phone, I wouldn't have been able to share them with you on my blog.

And if I'd never been able to share them with you on my blog, I might feel misunderstood. Because to properly illustrate the innards of my heart and soul would prove more challenging if these moments were absent from my life, my phone, my blog. And without the posting of these pictures, it would be difficult for you to truly understand what makes me tick. What I love. What brings me joy. What captivates me: the color and beauty of a sunset; the purity of a dog's love; and the simplicity of living in the country.

And that would just be a cryin' shame, so thank goodness for beer.

Or college.

Or shamelessness.

Or that part-time job.

Or Chris.

Or our marriage.

Or country living.

Or the farm.

Or peanut M&Ms.

Or my weight gain.

Or dieting.

Or that delicious cupcake.

Or my guilty conscious.

Or jogging.

Or Callie.

Or that hill.

Or that sunset.

Or my smart phone.

Or this blog.

Or you.

Or all of it... thank goodness.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...