2/14/12

Say 'I love you'

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

I know it's super cliche (borderline boring) for a newly-wedded gal in her mid 20's to like love this holiday. But I do. I love it.

I love that there is one fun day, plopped right in the middle of one of the coldest of months of the year, that warms us up, and reminds us to say, 'I love you'.

Today is a day dedicated to the mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey, happy-sappy expression of our hearts, and it's just awesome...
Here's our adorably declared love pile.
Whether with kisses and hugs, cards, flowers, words, candy and chocolate, balloons, or in Chris' case, with a six-time Grammy winner's album and a <3 Pandora bead, JUST SAY IT.
Say 'I love you'.

Here's how I did...
 Peanut Butter & Chocolate-Covered PB Creme Oreos
(Try to say that five times fast)
YOU'LL NEED
-1 package of Oreo cookies
-1 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
-1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
-Sprinkles (b/c everything's better with sprinkles)

Boil some water in a pot over medium heat, and place a glass or ceramic bowl over top of it.
Add the peanut butter and chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
Dunk each cookie in the mixture, on both sides, until well coated.
Remove from the mixture with a fork, and carefully tap it on the edge of the bowl to get rid of any excess chocolate.
Place the cookies on a baking sheet, lined with plastic wrap, and decorate with sprinkles.
Refrigerate until the chocolate sets, and enjoy!
They taste really good, and I'm happy to say that my Valentine loved them! 

And FYI, to continue our tastey Valentine's Day binge, Chris and I are embarking on a romantic cinematic adventure tonight over a large bag of extra buttery popcorn. 

No dinner. Just popcorn... and soda pop.

I. Am. Excited.


2 comments:

  1. what a fun valentine's day! i love the chocolate/peanut butter covered oreos! they look divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting, Marci! They were, in fact, delish! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...