5/31/12

27 things in May

Here are 27 lovely bits and pieces from the month of May that failed to make it on my blog, but are undoubtedly deserving (some more than others).

*And please pardon the length and sporadic nature of this post.

1. I created these fun, colorful beauties for the walls of our guest room. And I adore them.
Embroidery Hoop Wall Art
2. I tried numerous times to blog about my family's trip to Michigan in April to celebrate my grandma's 85th birthday, but couldn't find the words.

3. I baked zucchini bread and banana bread for the first time ever. Chocolate chips were added to both, whether or not the recipe called for them.

4. I concocted these bacon, artichoke & spinach pinwheels. They were yummy.
-1/2 lb chopped bacon
-12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
-2 minced garlic cloves
-2 c fresh spinach, chopped
-2 tbs fresh herbs (I used oregano, thyme and basil)
-4 oz sour cream
-4 oz softened cream cheese
-1 tbs mayo
-1/2 c parmesan cheese
-4 or 5 soft tortillas

Saute the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain the fat, and return to the pan with garlic, artichokes and spinach. After the spinach has wilted, add herbs, sour cream, cream cheese, mayo and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted. Refrigerate the dip for a half hour, then spread a light but generous layer over the tortillas. Roll them up and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Remove the plastic wrap, cut into one-inch pieces and serve.

5. I spent some much-needed (short-but-sweet) quality time with my Kiele... right when I needed her the most. I miss her so much already.

6. I celebrated Mother's Day with my Mommy... and the rest of the Warrens. It was a good day.

7. I built a new bunny hutch for Durdy with Sue and her awesome power tools. I wore a dress and got a sun burn... and I almost drank an entire 2-liter bottle of Diet Pepsi that day. But at least I now know what I want for Christmas.

8. I stumbled upon a garter snake in my yard and was quite flustered. And Ruby didn't care.

9. I celebrated my first wedding anniversary with my husband. Well, we have yet to actually celebrate- not sure why we decided to get married during planting season (???). Hindsight.

10. I ate the majority of our anniversary cake myself because I only got one tiny bite on our wedding day. It was delish.

11. I watched the corn grow. And I still am. It's pretty.

12. I went cattle feeding in the Gator with Chris, and we almost drowned in pollen.

13. I watched a family of foxes play together in the field behind our house, and then tried to scare them away so they wouldn't eat my bunny.

14. I spent much QT with these red-headed cuties and their parents- swimming, playing, eating and swinging. I can never get enough of them.

15. I rode on the back of Chris' scooter. Yeehaw!

16. I played outside with my nieces. They keep us all smiling.

17. I went for a few solid farm strolls to snap shots for the Facebook page... and to clear my head.

18. I spent some awesome porch and yard time with these hot dogs. I just love my doodles.

19. I was gifted a cajon for my anniversary. And Chris now has a new favorite thing. Thanks, Laura! "Cazon? Cajohn? Cahone?"

20. I made wild-flower bouquets for an angel. I miss her.

21. I frantically slaved and obsessed over my new flower beds and all of the plants in them. My Mother has created a monster... a big, scary perennial-infatuated monster.

22. I introduced my Dad to Instagram, and now he thinks I should be a "professional farm photographer"... Thanks, Dad. ; )


23. I survived a crazy, wicked storm with severe winds, rain, thunder, lightning and hail. It knocked out the power and knocked down a few trees- scary stuff.

24. I made plant markers out of clothes pins for my veggie/herb garden.

25. I wore my hair like this. A lot.
Twisty braid tutorial
26. I took a road trip to Eastern Pennsylvania with Chris to celebrate the blissful union of our friends, Ryan and Jess. The hotel we stayed in had no doors and a giant tub separating the bed from the toilet. It was fun.

27. I killed our grass with this by cutting it way too short- and I got SO much crap for it- lesson learned. And I'm relieved to say that it has since grown back.
And that about covers it.

Happy Thursday/last day of May, everyone, and bring it on, June!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Time goes by so fast. :D

    ps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!

    pss. huge hugs again! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Time is truly flying. HUGS to you, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...